Since ages, hair loss has dominated the list of real-life problems for many. Since your looks or external appeal is inextricably related to your social life, hair loss or a receding hairline is definitely a matter of concern. This is the main reason we seek drastic steps for fixing this issue. If you’re still lying in the ancient times of hair masks and wigs, then it’s time for you to open your eyes. Come on, wake up! With hair transplant, you can get back your former looks and confidence. Although popular all across the globe, the process strictly varies from one place to another. This article will give you an insight into this hair restoration treatment, its types, its history and the expected costs.
The very origin – A short view
The roots of this treatment lies somewhere in the 18th century. This treatment was first done in the 1800s and marked as a fruitless and callous attempt to get the desired results. However, the first success in follicle transplant treatment was first achieved in the 1930s. Since then, this surgical method has constantly developed and now it’s an effective solution adopted by lots of people.
Types Of Hair Transplants
There are mainly three types of treatments that we come across.
• FUSS or Follicular Unit Strip Surgery
This is ideal for people with serious or average balding problems. In this type of surgery, a strip of hair from the back of the scalp heals or covers the affected area. This may include Haartransplantation Kosten Türkei several sessions of follicle grafting or transplantation.
• FUE or Follicular Unit Extraction
In this process, the hair doctors take a strip of hair from the back and the side of the head on the balding stretch. These follicles then grow and seem absolutely natural. Moreover, this process does not involve any major or deep cuts and the recovery time is very short. This process is best for those who plan to undergo hair transplant treatments.
• Scalp Reduction
This is the rarest of all the three rules. Here, the bald stretch is surgically removed. Next, the dense area of the scalp comes in front, with the sole purpose of covering the bald area. This is also the costliest hair loss treatment among all the three types.
Things to Consider Before You Go For the surgery
Before you go for hair transplantation surgery, there are a few things that you must take into consideration.
- It’s crucial to have a realistic approach. If you’re completely bald or don’t have much hair, don’t expect the transplant surgery to give you a head full of hair. The denser or thicker your existing hair is, the better the results you can expect.
- On a general basis, thick hair that’s gray or light in color offers better results than thin and light-colored hair.
- Once the surgery is over, it can take up to nine months for the hair roots to heal and stimulate growth.
- Consider the cost of the surgery. Cosmetic surgeries don’t generally qualify for compensations from private health insurance companies. In case excessive trauma or burns result in the disorder, the follicle replacement surgery is a reconstructive approach and may not come under health insurance.
- Chain smokers may run the risk of facing complications during surgery. So, if you’re considering this image restoration surgery, you must quit smoking completely.
Women Hair Loss and Treatments
When one thinks of the word hair transplant, it’s generally associated with men alone. However, the plain fact is that pattern baldness or receding hairline can affect women as well. There are countless reasons behind the baldness of women – post-pregnancy effects, hormonal changes or even menopause. As a matter of fact, a lot of women across the globe are opting for hair weaving in recent times.
The hair replacement surgeries are easily performed on women than on men. Women have more follicles in the donor area than men. Hence, it is easier for doctors to do this transplant treatment. The result is often better, when compared with men.
Coper is highly experienced in creating engaging content that adds real value to a blog, website, or brand.