Are you looking for a reputed teeth whitening dentist in Canberra to enhance the appearance of your teeth? Well, veneers can do the job better! Dental veneers are thin, custom-fit, tooth-colored shells that are placed on top of teeth to cover up stains and imperfections. Veneers have the power to reinvent tooth appearances, giving the patient a natural-looking beautiful smile.
Here in this guide, we’ll cover what are dental veneers, different types of veneers, who can opt for such a dental procedure, the benefits of veneers, and aftercare measures to be taken.
What are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers are an effective cosmetic dental procedure for patients looking to opt for a long-term permanent solution to existing dental concerns. Veneers are custom fittings attached to the front of teeth to hide or treat damages like chipped, discolored, decayed, crooked, broken, and smaller-than-average teeth.
Using veneers can allow dental patients to have drastic smile transformations. They can be placed in front of just a single tooth or administered to all teeth to create a complete smile makeover. So, if you are looking to achieve a perfectly white beautifully balanced smile, dental veneers are a good option!
What are the different types of Veneers?
Want to know the available types of dental veneers in Canberra? Veneers are commonly made out of porcelain or resin composite materials. Let’s take a closer look at these two types of dental veneers in detail.
- Porcelain Veneers: These are thin but strong cells that can be placed both on the top and sides of teeth. Dentists generally grind down some enamel from the tooth before placing the veneer. Although porcelain veneers come in the color of natural teeth, they can be made whiter to achieve a brightened smile.
- Resin Composite Veneers: Although resin-based composite veneers are similar to porcelain veneers, there’s a slight difference between the two. Veneers made out of resin composite materials are usually priced lower than their porcelain counterparts and also require less enamel to be removed.
Who can opt for Dental Veneers?
Although veneers work wonders in enhancing the appearance of teeth, not all can avail of their benefits. The patients eligible for a dental veneer cosmetic procedure should be affected by any of the following conditions:
- Teeth discoloration to such an extent that they cannot be whitened
- Cracked, chipped, or broken teeth
- Too small-sized, deformed, crooked, pointed, or oddly shaped teeth
- Teeth gaps
This dental procedure is most effective for patients who have already visited a teeth whitening dentist in Canberra to whiten their teeth, or tried out braces and retainers but could not get a permanent solution.
What are the benefits of Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers are a great cosmetic dentistry option that offers a multitude of benefits. The best advantages of using veneers are as follows:
- Additional Strength: Besides providing beautifully balanced smiles, dental veneers strengthen the existing teeth. They particularly work best for chipped and cracked teeth. You may opt for veneers to reinforce and repair your damaged teeth in addition to brightening up your smile.
- Looks Like Natural Teeth: The primary purpose of dental veneers is to provide a natural-looking and cosmetically pleasing appearance to smiles. Available in varied colors, shapes, and sizes, veneers can match the natural color of any teeth.
- Hides Imperfections: Veneers work magically in covering up all dental damages and imperfections. From discoloration to teeth gaps, dental veneers can treat a vast array of severe dental issues.
- Easy to Maintain: The best thing about veneers is that they require little to no maintenance. Patients using veneers should only maintain good dental hygiene. Regular brushing and flossing are enough to keep up the shine and fittings of veneers for a long span.
- Strong and Durable: Proper dental care can make dental veneers last for many years. You will be amazed to know that veneers can last for decades without any repair or hefty maintenance. Visiting the dentist for periodical dental cleanings is more than enough to keep veneers protected and supported.
What is the aftercare routine for maintaining Veneers?
No matter how well your dentist places your dental veneers in Canberra, maintaining a good aftercare routine can make them last for decades. Here are the precautions to be taken for protecting veneers:
- Avoid chewing hard objects like ice, fingernails, etc.
- Do not open packages with your teeth.
- Avoid chewing food with your front teeth.
- Ensure to wear a mouth guard while playing sports.
- Avail of a splint or retainer to protect your veneers.
If you are looking for a great solution to improve the appearance of your teeth and smile, opt for dental veneers in Canberra! They are cost-effective and help in enhancing the color of teeth, reducing teeth gaps, hiding chipped teeth, and treating several other dental issues. However, always ensure to consult a reputed and experienced dentist before undergoing the actual procedure of dental veneers.
Abdul Qadeer is highly experienced in creating engaging content that adds real value to a blog, website, or brand. He is creating content for multiple niches like technology, SEO, Marketing, Health, Education and Career Development, etc.