The University of Sydney is a fabulous training institution that offers world-class training/education to students. This is why every year hundreds of students apply for admission to the university. However, studying at the University of Sydney can be an expensive affair. Especially for students who come from economically backward countries. Luckily, the training institution offers financial support to students under the Sydney Scholars India Scholarship program. Keeping this in mind, today we are going to share with you everything you must know about Sydney Scholars India Scholarship program.
Here’s everything that you must know about Sydney Scholars India Scholarship.
About the University of Sydney
The University of Sydney is an excellent public institution for higher studies. The motto of the learning institution is to encourage progressive thinking for improving the world. Furthermore, its alumni list includes names like Gough Whitlam and Victor Chang. Besides this, by studying at the University of Sydney you get access to quality training and exemplary facilities. On average, you will require approximately AUD 40,000 to study at the University of Sydney. To learn about the best programs that you can pursue at the University of Sydney in detail feel free to contact our consultant for abroad study.
About the Scholarship
The Sydney Scholars India Scholarship aims to encourage students to take up courses at the University of Sydney. However, this scholarship is mainly for students who pursue a UG or PG course at the university. Besides this, you may have to fulfill lots of other requirements to become eligible for this scholarship. Under this scheme, the training institution provides financial support worth AUD 5,00,000 to Indian students. Following are some of the things that you must know about this financial aid program:
- Every year the university offers financial support to around 28 students under this scheme. Moreover, international students are also eligible to apply for this financial aid program.
- The candidate must join a UG or PG course at the University of Sydney to become eligible for the scholarship.
- The university can terminate the scholarship of a student if he does not maintain the necessary academic performance, etc.
Following are the eligibility criteria you must meet if you want to apply for the Sydney Scholars India Scholarship:
- You must join a UG/PG course at the University of Sydney
- Students who join a second-degree program at the university are also eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- The candidate applying for the scholarship must not be a permanent resident of Australia. Furthermore, he must not have got a scholarship under this scheme earlier.
- Students must have a decent academic performance to get financial support under the scheme.
How to Apply for the Sydney Scholars India Scholarship?
Following is a step-by-step guide you can follow to get financial support under the scholarship program:
- Register for admission at the University of Sydney. After that, apply for the financial aid program.
- Fill application form
- Upload necessary documents
- Appear for interview
- Wait for a confirmation letter from the authorities.
The scholarship is provided to students mainly on the basis of their academic records. Besides this, the authorities also evaluate the personal statement of the candidate before giving him a scholarship. Additionally, you might have to appear for an interview to get the scholarship. Once all this is done you will receive confirmation about the scholarship from the selection committee.
Following are the key reasons why the authorities may terminate your scholarship:
- The applicant does not join an eligible course at the university.
- The student applies for multiple financial aid programs.
- Student starts a part-time program at the university without the approval of the authorities.
- The applicant fails to maintain the necessary academic performance at the university.
- The applicant submits false information in the scholarship form.
Following are the documents that you will require to apply for the Sydney Scholars India Scholarship:
- Academic transcripts
- IELTS scorecard. To learn about the minimum IELTS score necessary to apply for the scholarship feel free to contact our Australia study abroad consultants in India.
- TOEFL scorecard
- Letter of acceptance
- Proof of accommodation
- Copy of passport
- Student visa, etc.
Now you are aware of everything you need to know about the Sydney Scholars India Scholarship program. Thus, now you are in a position to easily apply for this scholarship. However, while applying for this scholarship make sure you only add true facts in your application form. Why? Because if you add wrong data to your scholarship application form then the authorities might reject your application.